About Milner School of English Wimbledon
Please note we are currently teaching online.
Milner School of English is one step in a student's journey of lifelong learning and development.
During the COVID-19 pandemic we are teaching online in order to comply with government guidelines, to keep students safe and help control the spread of coronavirus.
We aim to:
*Enable students to enhance their language skills by offering courses appropriate to their needs and their future development.
* Give our students an enjoyable online experience.
* Give our students value for the money they pay us.
* Respect our own and others' individuality, culture and heritage
* Maintain high standards, striving always to improve them.
* Ensure courses started face-to-face at Milner continue online
*Adapt our courses to online provision
Why Choose Milner?
- Experience: Milner is family owned and operated, with over 35 years’ experience of running English language schools.
- Location: central Wimbledon - a safe and prosperous area, in south west London, zone 3. Close to train stations (Wimbledon main station and South Wimbledon station) and only 17 minutes from central London by train.
- Accreditation: Milner is accredited by the British Council for the teaching of English as a foreign language and we are members of English UK, the national association of accredited English language centres. Milner is also a certified Cambridge ESOL Exam Preparation Centre.
- Courses: General English (Elementary / A2 to Advanced / C1), Academic English / IELTS and Cambridge preparation, English +Tennis Programme, Private Tuition. English + Work Experience, English + Volunteering. Plus FREE weekly pronunciation class.
- Class size: Multinational classes, average 10 students per class, maximum 12 - 16.
- Excellent value: Qualified teachers. Reasonable fees. Accommodation and living costs cheaper than central London.
- Social Programme: An interesting and varied programme of activities and excursions for students.
- Good nationality mix: We welcome students from all over the world, including South Korea, Switzerland, Italy, Czech Republic, Japan, Spain, Turkey, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Hungary, Thailand, Poland and many more. The diversity encourages students to communicate in English. In 2018 we welcomed students from 46 different countries.
- Local Homestays: inspected by Milner School, located in or near Wimbledon. Residential accommodation also available not far from Wimbledon.
What our students liked best at Milner School:
‘Class environment, good price, extremely good teacher, staff very professional’
‘I met beautiful people’
‘It’s a wonderful place’
‘I met new friends from all countries’.