- HOMESTAY is where a student lives in the home of a British family.
- The term 'Homestay Family' can encompass different family structures. Some of our Homestay providers are couples, some may have children living in the home, and some are single ladies.
- London is a diverse multi-cultural society, which means that our Homestay providers may or may not be of British origin. All our Homestays speak English to the level of a native speaker. We select those who are friendly, welcoming and have a comfortable home.
- Homestay offers students the opportunity to practise their English and gives insight into the British way of life.
- Milner's Homestays are located in Wimbledon and the surrounding areas, often within walking distance to the school. Sometimes students need to catch a bus to school. We recommend that students buy an Oystercard for cheaper fares on buses and trains. With an Oystercard, a single bus fare costs £1.40 and £2.10 on the underground. Without an Oystercard, a single bus fare costs £2.40 and £4.50 on the underground.
HOMESTAY CHARGES (Check-in Sunday, check-out Saturday)
- HOMESTAY (single) – half-board: includes bed, breakfast & dinner: £178/week.
- HOMESTAY (shared*) – half-board: includes bed, breakfast & dinner: £153/week.
- BED & BREAKFAST HOMESTAY (single) – includes bed & breakfast: £133/week.
- BED & BREAKFAST HOMESTAY (shared*) – includes bed & breakfast: £123/week.
*Shared rooms must be with a friend or spouse only. Private bathroom for the above options costs an extra £50/week.
- There is a non-refundable Accommodation Placement Fee of £55 plus one week's payment when you make your Homestay booking.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the house. All our Homestays require students to smoke outside.
- We arrange accommodation for courses of 15 hours/week or more.
- The number of weeks' Homestay must be the same as your course.
- Students will receive Homestay details 7 days or more before leaving home.
- If a problem arises with your Homestay, we can arrange new accommodation.
- If a student wishes to leave his/her Homestay, 2 weeks' notice must be given. Please read Homestay Rules for students.