Please note we are currently teaching online.
Our General English classes are designed for students who want to improve their English language skills, in fluency and accuracy. They focus on the 4 key areas: speaking, listening, writing and reading. Milner School uses the communicative method. The courses are designed to meet the needs of the students in the class.
General English 15 hours
- Mornings 9.30am - 12.45pm.
- The morning course is structured and focus on all skill areas.
- Course Content: Lessons at all levels focus on grammatical structures, functions, guided conversations, vocabulary, communicative situations, reading skills, writing skills, listening skills, speaking skills, accuracy, fluency and pronunciation.
- A variety of materials are used including a course book.
General English 5 hours
- Afternoons Part-time 1.30pm - 2.45pm.
- Communication skills classes which are topic-based.
- Course content: Speaking, listening, vocabulary and pronunciation practice, using activities that are relevant to the everyday use of language e.g. asking for information, giving advice and understanding English in different situations.
- A variety of materials are used, no course book.
General English 20 hours
- Monday to Thursday, 9.30am - 2.45pm, Friday 9.30am - 12.45pm.
- Intensive course combining the 15 and 5 hour courses. Studying in both the mornings and afternoons will ensure quicker progress in all skill areas.