- CEFR levels A2 to C1. Please note: no beginners.
- Students can select one of the following 3 options: 22 hours/week: Monday to Thursday, 9.30am - 3.15pm. Friday 9.30am - 12.45pm. 15 hours/week: Monday to Friday, 9.30am - 12.45pm. 7 hours/week: Monday to Thursday, 1.30pm - 3.15pm. Minimum course length is one week. Courses start every Monday. Our 'teaching hour' is 60 minutes long.
- Long-term students can enrol in our Academic Year Programme, which is 36 weeks in length. The weekly tuition rate is cheaper. Students can study for 22 or 15 hours/week of General English, IELTS or Cambridge preparation, or a combination of these courses. Students can start on any Monday.
- All General English students complete a written and spoken test on their first day, to determine their level. Students' progress is closely monitored by their teacher and our Director of Studies. If necessary, transfers can be made between classes without delay.
- Milner has multi-national classes with an average of 10 students per class (maximum 12 - 16). The average age is 18 - 25 years, minimum age is 16. (For individual enrolments, Milner School of English adheres to the published minimum age of 16 years old. For group bookings, Milner School reserves the right to accept students who may be 15 years of age. Under these circumstances an adult Group Leader accompanies the group)
- Course content: Full-time morning course 15 hours/week Monday - Friday 9.30am - 12.45pm: Lessons at all levels focus on grammatical structure, functions, guided conversations, vocabulary, communicative situations, reading skills, writing skills, listening skills, speaking skills, accuracy, fluency and pronunciation. Homework is regular and consolidates what is done in the classroom. You will use a variety of materials including a course book. Part-time afternoon course 7 hours/week Monday - Thursday 1.30pm - 3.15pm: In this class you will practise your speaking, listening, vocabulary and pronunciation, using activities that are relevant to the everyday use of language eg. asking for information, giving advice and understanding English in different situations. It is important that everyone tries to speak - don't worry about making mistakes.
- Students who complete their course satisfactorily receive the Milner School of English Certificate, stating level of proficiency.
- For course costs, see 2017 DATES & FEES.
- If you are interested in taking a General English exam, you can now take the Trinity Exam in Wimbledon. Trinity's Graded Examinations in Spoken English (GESE), is an exam for all learners, whatever their level of ability in communicating in English. 12 grades: Grade 1 (beginner) to Grade 12 (proficiency). Cost: £85 (depending on which grade)