IELTS/Academic English Course at Milner School
What is IELTS and its purpose?
IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System. This English language testing system tests a full range of English skills including Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. IELTS is owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English.
The IELTS Course has a range of purposes; some study this course to improve their job opportunities, to apply for a university course (all British universities and colleges accept IELTS results) or to settle in a country where English is the first language. Perhaps you simply want more confidence in your English language skills.
'IELTS for UKVI' is available in the UK for immigration purposes. This means that IELTS can be used to prove your English language abilities in support of a UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) application. You need to book your UKVI test at an approved centre in the UK. Booking your test in advance is essential.
There are two types of IELTS Courses - general and academic. Milner School of English in Wimbledon offer the IELTS Academic Course. Listening and Speaking are the same for both tests, but the subject matter of the Reading and Writing sections differs depending on which test you take. It uses a nine-band scale to clearly identify levels of proficiency, from non-user (band score 1) through to expert (band score 9).
For General IELTS you can study in a General English Course and we can support your studies with General IELTS material from our Learning Resource Centre - Click here for more information.
Why Study for your IELTS Exam at Milner School of English:
- Flexible course, start any Monday.
- The course is suitable for students who are interested in the IELTS exam, future university studies or other academic purposes.
- Study in a Full-time course in the mornings (15 hours per week) in an Academic English class with IELTS exam preparation.
- Upgrade to our Intensive course (20 hours per week) with afternoon classes which include General English speaking, listening, vocabulary and pronunciation practice.
- Academic English / IELTS fees are the same as for General English.
- Small classes, average of 10 students.
- Study for any number of weeks according to your needs.
- Our experienced teaching team can provide exam support and advice in addition to your course.
- Add some one-to-one lessons to your course to enhance your level.
- Suitable for Intermediate/B2 to Advanced/C1.
- IELTS tests are available twice a month in Wimbledon. IELTS is internationally recognised.
'Thank you Milner School for helping me get the score I needed' Abdurahman from Libya.
'Milner is one of the few schools where you can start any Monday. Many schools have fixed term dates. Great teacher and small class' Rebecca from Germany.