Milner School of English Wimbledon arranges a variety of activities and excursions for our students accompanied by our Social Programme Organiser. It is a great way to practise your English and make friends. Every Monday new students are invited to a welcome meeting.
Many of Milner School’s social activities are free or very cheap. For example:
- Pub nights: enjoy a drink at the local pub with friends! (over 18s)
- London Walk: a guided walk around an undiscovered part of London.
- Conversation club: chat in English with your friends in a local cafe
Examples of our paid excursions & activities:
- A trip to Hampton Court Palace - Henry VIII's favourite residence!
- Chelsea Football Stadium Tour - home to one of the UK's well-known football teams.
- Wimbledon Tennis Championships (June/July) for a once-in-a-lifetime experience! Be prepared to queue!
- Traditional English afternoon tea at the historical Cannizaro House on Wimbledon Common.
- Brighton - trip to the picturesque seaside town famous for its fish & chips!
Please download our Social Programme for this month.
Please note: 16 & 17 year old students are encouraged to participate fully in school activities and social events. Our social Programme Organiser accompanies the students. Please note Milner School supervises students during lesson time only. See our 'Under 18's' policy on the Policies page of the website for further information.