Wimbledon is a great location! Why?
- A safe and prosperous area 17 minutes by train from central London. Wimbledon has one of the lowest crime rates in London.
- Wimbledon (SW19) is in the London Borough of Merton, south west London, zone 3.
- Excellent connections to trains, buses and trams. Milner School of English is an eight minute walk from Wimbledon and South Wimbledon train stations.
- Many shops, cafes, restaurants, pubs, theatres and cinemas, all within a few minutes’ walk to Milner School. The school is located in the cultural quarter of Wimbledon.
- Merton is one of the greenest boroughs in London. Wimbledon has 500 hectares of beautiful parks and natural woodland, ideal for walking, jogging, horse-riding and golf.
- The famous Wimbledon Tennis Championships take place in Wimbledon every summer!
- Wimbledon has other events throughout the year such as bonfire night and fireworks, winter wonderland and seasonal markets; for further information see lovewimbledon.org.